Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy week

The loveliness of getting married seems to creep up on me slowly, but surely. It's like waves, actually. Every now and then it whacks you dizzy. And this week is dizzily-happy week!

Why?
1. I saw one of my lovely bridesmaids over the weekend and we had a lovely, big, girly chat on a beautiful winefarm.
2. I saw another one last night (cousin Zaria! She is still as mad as a hatter.)
3. Another one is coming to visit for New Years (New Years in Cape Town, whooohoo!!)
4. In a week and a half's time, another, different one is getting married.
5. I have a gazillion bridesmaids!!!! 
6. Tomorrow is Friday.
7. Work is better (I've been a bit negative lately)
8. I went for a run this morning (AND I've been healthy all day. Not a piece of cake or muffin in sight!)
9. We just booked our tickets to go see mom over Christmas (my mom).
10. I have a beautiful new photograph of husband-to-be on my desk at work. He looks dangerously handsome in it. Dangerously, I say. And I'm marrying him!

Also, lovely filmmaker of Butterfly Films screened a new film this week, and has a new website up. Stunning! Film is about a rehabilitation program running in our prisons now and I think it is a very, very worthy cause. Check out filmmaker's new website and film here.



So the happy list above should give you an idea of my progress, but do not be fooled: the run this weekend went horrific. Besides that I started slow and negative, I also went for a katabox class the Monday before with energetic Michael, the instructor, making us do all kinds of kicks and fancy tricks that had my hamstrings screaming bad words at me. I finished the race, but my time was that of a negative hamstring-carrying girl: 2 hours 43 mins (even slower than the previous one, which I called a 'training run'. Yea right). If it wasn't for a new friend that I made on the way, who knows what that time would have been...
But am going to stop the wordiness now and leave you with some pics.
so you can tell how positive I was if I was counting kilometres.....

like I said. Incredibly positive. See that puddle? that was me, not the water

more positive....

It was only when I started focusing on the view that it got a bit better. Shortly after, Vanessa entered the picture...


well done Vanessa! She got her pink number - this was her 10th Winelands marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment